Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Tears of grief and tears of happiness

Yesterday I was at the airport to fetch someone and had an uneasy experience. Anything that reminds you of death is uneasy. In the midst people who were joyfully greeting themselves as they were rejoined, there were two groups of people that caught my attention, two families who were arriving and they where both in mourning. Two distinct families, both grieving for a lost one. I knwe they were grieving because the members in one of the families were all dressed and black and their eyes were bloodshot with tears. In the other family, a woman, who seamed to be the mother, was in tears and looked like someone had run over her soul. One place, one single moment, where two completely different emotions filled the air. I felt myself taking in both energies and felt tired and extremely sad.
Then I chose to brush it aside and focus on the reason I was there. I was there to meet someone I hadn’t seen in a while, someone who hadn’t seen her daughter in a month and I was there to witness a happy encounter. I should receive her with a smile. And I did, nothing else should matter at that moment. And when I saw mother and daughter meet in an incredibly tender and emotional embrace, I saw tears of happiness that completely overdrew the feeling of hopelessness I was felt before.

These moments are the ones we should cherish and hold on to as much as we can, because sad moment last long and always catch us by surprise. Celebrating life Is the best thing we can do.

No comments: