Monday, August 28, 2006

Flying

The other night I dreamed I was flying. I hadn't had a dream like that in a while. When I was younger, I constantly dreampt I was flying. It was and still is the most exhilarating sensation one can feel. If a human could fly, this is what it would feel like, I’m sure of that.

First, I felt myself softly get lifted off the ground, my arms opened wide. I was floating on air like a feather. I felt a bit like swimming under water. Then I looked down and started seeing the trees and roads becoming smaller and smaller. Suddenly, I was up their with the birds. I felt like one of them, I felt I was silently communicating with them, in a way only those who can fly can communicate. I was one of them. I felt the wind caressing my hair and face; it was a delicate wind that was also guiding me towards the north. I looked down and there was a bridge underneath me. A bridge I usually go through by car. Now I was flying over it. What an amazing feeling. There is no other sensation that compares to this, nothing I can feel when I’m awake can equal the feeling of freely floating on air.

A funny thing about these dreams is that I always remember lifting off the ground, but never remember landing.

There are many interpretations about dreams of flying. I found one in this site that explains it in the following way:

To dream of flying is usually a pleasant experience and is accompanied by a sense of exhilaration and freedom. It usually feels completely natural as if we have somehow always known how to do this. Rarely is the dream accompanied by a fear of heights or of falling. Flying may symbolise liberation from something that's been troubling you. The obstructions and shackles that have held you down have been released and you can now experience the same sense of freedom that we see in the birds that soar in the sky. The sky may symbolise consciousness and spirituality so to dream of flying can represent the expansion of your awareness and the unfolding of your higher self ...read more

No comments: