Monday, August 28, 2006

The numbness of summer

Summer has a way of washing away our anxieties, even if it's only for a few months. One afternoon at the beach, bathing in the salty and agitated waters and letting my skin absorb the sun’s energy is all I need to recharge my batteries. The sun gives me the energy I need, the heat helps my body to relax and give into a feel good kind of laziness and numbness. I'm in touch with nature; nature embraces me and makes me feel safe, safe from the daily turmoil, safe from poisoning thoughts.

Of course the medication helps too, but nothing like summer to make everything seam easier. When it’s summer, life just seams like a summer afternoon at the beach. Maybe there are chemicals that can bring you this sense of well being, but I would like to think that medication and drugs will never do the trick. Only being there.

No comments: